Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Things on My Mind


I have been busy these past two weeks. Last Monday went to a concert and seen Alan Pedersen. He told us something that has stuck with me ever since. Since we have lost a child I never thought of this, he told us... "Once you come to the fork in the road later in life you will ask yourself one question, "Do you want to remember the death of a child or do you want to remember the time you had with your child?"

The rest of that week went by and then I was starting to relax because of the weekend. Sunday evening service was a great one God was moving. I went up for prayer for a healing because my ankle had been hurting all day. It has given me pain since I had fallen down a flight of stairs about 3-4 years ago, I thank the Lord I didn’t break it. Anyway after I went and sat back down the pain was gone, let’s just say I was praising the Lord. I thank the gentleman that prayed for me and he told me to not thank him but thank the Lord. I told I have been, he told me that Satan tries to tell you that the pain is still there to just keep saying that God healed you. Well, sure enough on Monday the pain was starting again and I started thanking God and telling Satan that my God has healed me and the pain stopped.

This week has been busy, because of trying to get everyone their Avon orders delivered before my hubby and I leave for our camping trip tomorrow. Because I have been having a stressful time these past weeks the Lord brought to my attention that he is my strength. He said there comes a time in life when you fall and you don’t want to get up (which I have been there many of times) but that is when God reminded me, “I have always been by your side when you have fallen and I have helped you up, now rely on my strength because that is what it is there for.” Those are some powerful words when I need his strength to get me through the day. I hope everyone gets plenty of rest this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment