Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Things to Ponder!


 Today was a good day spent it with my hubby. My hubby and I went to drop off someone’s order for Avon. Then went home because he had to go to work then took the motorcycle to the church so we could help with the garage sale. We had fun spending it with our church family. Now I am sitting here relaxing pondering on the last couple of days. I have been thinking about the article I read in our local community newspaper about the 10 year old girl with Leukemia that had her wish delivered from Make A Wish Foundation. It was a trip for four days to Universal Studios and Disneyland with her family. It breaks my heart when I hear about people getting different forms of cancer especially children. It made me smile just knowing that these children that get their wish after spending all that time in the hospital gets time not to think about their illness just for that little a bit of time. The article stated that Make a Wish arranges over 350 wishes a year and refuses to leave any unfulfilled. That is so great. In the article is said that Disneyland grants the foundation with free entrance tickets to the foundation for these families that have been referred to Make A Wish from their doctor. The foundation said that airline tickets are so expensive, that most demand donation is air miles. They said donating unused miles is a fantastic way for people to grant a wish that doesn’t cost them anything, also the miles don’t expire either. So if you have ever thought about donating to a foundation this is the one that really could use it, also if you have miles that you don’t use they could use it.

This makes me think that sometimes we think our life is hard and we can’t deal with the daily struggles. Our lives are easy compared to these children and their families. I thank Jesus every day for giving me life, breathe, and everything else. Just knowing he is with me daily helps me see that life can get easier as long as I let him control my life. This sometimes is a daily struggle because I am human and I always want to control my life. But I do realize that me controlling my life verses him control my life is a lot harder because I always mess things up. So are you letting him control your life?   

No comments:

Post a Comment