Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Be Anxious About Nothing!

Wow, today was a good day. I had a relaxing day but there is that anxiousness in my Spirit for some reason, but I keep trying to tell myself that God is in control of my life and the one verse that runs through my head is Philippians 4:6... Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Today someone wanted advice from people that have been married over 25 years on how to make their marriage last. So I told her that my husband and I have been married 25 years and we met on a blind date set up by my best friend (and yes she is still a friend). The one thing that helped us during our marriage is to talk and not yell. Also we go out with our friends and we have never told each other that we couldn't do anything. Talking is the most important thing in a marriage. (I have seen/heard of so many marriages fall apart due to no communication and from losing a child due to death during a marriage, we lost our first born son (will write more about this later) and we didn't let it tear us apart in fact we grew closer. Just knowing that we each was hurting because we both lost him not just me). So let me stress communication is the most important thing in a marriage.

May everyone's evening be a relaxing one.




No comments:

Post a Comment