Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?


Remember growing up everyone asked you this question, “What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?” And we always had the answer correctly even though some of us had the same answers has our friends. When I was young my answer was a teacher, singer, or a veterinary which I became none of these. My path went down a total different way after high school. I went to work, got married and had kids mind you I didn't work at any of the careers I said I wanted to do when I was young. I have worked in housekeeping, dog kennels; clerical, different warehouse/assemble positions, sales, and Legal Secretary, now running my own business.

I have also asked my children this same question and they all have something in mind. My oldest daughter career choice has not changed since she was young and in fact she is working in that current field and is looking into going to school to get a degree. My youngest daughter career has changed several times over the years when growing up, but two of her choices have stayed the same. My son has decided to go to college to pursue his career choices. 

Now that my children are grown and the last one is graduating this year from high school, that one question has come to mind again; "What Do I Want to Be When I Grow Up?" My heart desires has changed over the years so this is why this question has come up again. Now my answer is I want to be what God wants me to be, I want to accomplish his will. the only problem with that is I don't know what that is right now. I know that I need to sit and be still and listen to what God wants me to be, but I have to remember it's not just one day it could take many days for this to happen. This is where I need to learn to be patient and listen to him. I have come to recognize if I don't feel peace in my heart about what I think I am supposed to be doing it isn't from God. So again it means I need to sit and be still and listen. So have you figured out what you are supposed to be when you grow up? If not just maybe you need to take the time to sit and be still and listen for God's voice to tell you what you are supposed to be when you grow up.


No comments:

Post a Comment