Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Time for Everything!


     While reading the Bible yesterday morning I was reading Ecclesiastes 3:9-14. I have been going over and over in my mind wondering what God was saying in these verses since this is the Chapter of A Time for Everything. Verse 9 asks; “What does the worker gain from his toil?” Toil from the Webster Dictionary means laborious effort. As I sat mediating on this question I have come to the conclusion that the worker gains the pay he worked for the experience of the task at hand, I am sure there is more too. But we have to remember God is the one that has provided the job we have, and he rewards us not only in our pay but in what we may eat and drink, and find satisfaction – this the gift of God. In verse 12 God is stating that he knows there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. But there is more to this, yes we want to do good and be happy. But everything doesn't always make you happy; yes it starts out that way but only for a time. This one I know from experience I am in a job that I was happy when I started but since then the zeal has left it. I keep thinking is this all there is. I have come to realize I am a person that likes to motivate people, but in turn I need that same motivation. In verse 14 it says that everything that God does will endure forever; and nothing can be added or taken away. God does it so that men will revere him.  So our purpose in life is to revere the Lord our God. To revere God means to respect and stand in awe of him because of who he is. Are we really standing in revere to God? I hope we are, but looking daily into our lives and seeing if we are doing this will put us in the right perspective of who and what we are revering.   

No comments:

Post a Comment