Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Running the Race to the Finish Line


This last week I have been going through being happy, then being down. Sometimes I wish that I didn’t have these emotions like this so much. Friday night we had our Bunco night for the Ladies at our church. We had a lot of fun celebrating our Pastor’s wife birthday and fellowshipping, even though we all decided not to play Bunco after all. LOL It was a beautiful day on Saturday which my son had his baseball game for the JV for school and they won 5-3 he got hit by the ball twice. I went to a job interview last week and won’t know anything until this week. The lady said that once they get it down and if I am in those last few people then I will get a call to come back for a 2nd interview and for a Microsoft testing. She called me back the next day and asked me to come in today for the test. Took the test think I did okay on some of it, the Excel part I did okay except there was a part I couldn’t remember so we will see by the end of the week. Hoping this is the job, but like I have said it is what God wants, because He is the one in control of my life.
                I watched the video of Derek Redmond running a race and as he was running he torn his hamstring, his dad appeared from the stands breaking through security to help him. His dad told him he didn’t have to do this Derek told him “I do” because he didn’t want to give up. I have come to realize that this is what Jesus is doing as we walk or run in our daily lives. Jesus is right there beside us, helping us along in our race that we are running. God has set a course for us that we need to finish, but are we up to the challenge?
As 2 Timothy 4:7 states: I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. So let us keep the faith and fight the good fight so we can finish this race. Also Hebrews 12:1 states: Therefore since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. I am going to keep my faith; I am going to ask Jesus to help me run this race. So I AM determined to run and finish this race that God has set out for me. So who wants to join me in this race? 

No comments:

Post a Comment